Sunday, October 23, 2011

School is kicking my trash...again

It's been a month since I posted. So sorry about that! Things have been nutso around here. I get home from work, get something on the table for dinner, supervise homework, then get kids to bed, then collapse from exhaustion 10 minutes after the kidlets are in bed, only to wake up and do it all over again the next day. The Husband is working a different shift (one he hasn't worked in several years), so I fly solo on weeknights, and it's been a difficult transition. This week is going to be killer, but then I should be in a good place for a few weeks (possibly???). lol Then again, it will calm down just enough to start the craziness of the holiday season. Maybe I won't breathe until after Christmas. That sounds like a better idea anyway!

In other news, Child #2 had a birthday in the past month, and Child #1 will be having a birthday soon. No rest for the weary, I suppose.

I'll be posting more soon as the holiday season begins. This is our first holiday season dairy and soy free... I have some ideas floating in my head and have seen some great recipes out there that I'm anxious to try. Namely df/sf pumpkin pie! There will be one thing though on my holiday table that's NOT df/sf...my mother's Chocolate Marbled Rum Pie. Hello chocolate...hello heavy cream...hello 6 billion calories! Haven't been able to make it df/sf and keep the taste and texture okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment