Sunday, October 30, 2011

Success!!!

Had some company for dinner, and found out last night that one of the people coming was allergic to dairy. The relief on this person's face when I said my son was allergic too and not to worry about it was priceless!!! I made breakfast for dinner tonight for everyone, and everything turned out perfectly! No one could tell what was dairy and what was dairy-free... the only thing in the entire meal that had any dairy in it was buttermilk pancakes (and I had some buttermilk-less buttermilk pancakes as well). Tonight's menu was:

*French Toast
*Buttermilk-less Buttermilk Pancakes
*Traditional Buttermilk Pancakes
*Scrambled Eggs
*Hash Browns
*Bacon
*Fried Apples
*Assorted jams and jellies (made by my amazing mother-in-law!)
*Orange Juice & Raspberry Lemonade
*4 different 'milks': Dairy milk, rice milk, plain almond milk, and chocolate almond milk (my son's favorite!). I wasn't sure which non-dairy option my guest would prefer, so I put several out.

Dinner was fabulous, and no one could tell anything was different!

No comments:

Post a Comment