Friday, August 19, 2011

The Dreaded Soybean Oil and Soy Lecithin

When I first took my son off dairy and soy, I was amazed at how many products contain soybean oil and soy lecithin. It's in practically everything processed! Until I knew exactly how sensitive my son was, I wanted to pull everything out of his diet, including soybean oil and soy lecithin. It was hard, but very much possible! For many people with sensitivities, soybean oil and soy lecithin ARE OK. They are fats, and do not carry the protein. However, for some highly sensitive people, both ingredients are still a problem and need to be avoided. Luckily my son is able to handle both soybean oil and soy lecithin, which opened up a lot of packaged/processed foods for us (thus making my life easier). The only way to know if you or your child can tolerate soybean oil and soy lecithin is to completely avoid them, making sure there is no reaction, then add them back in, watching for any reaction. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment